There are some key features we think you should look for when choosing an
Android head unit upgrade for your car.
1. Screen resolution. Many sellers say you can watch HD video on their Android
head unit. What they might not mention is that the resolution of the screen is
less than HD. In short, get the highest the unit with the highest resolution
screen as possible. You will never regret getting a screen with the a high
2. RAM. Look for a minimum of 4GB of RAM. Again, you will never regret
spending extra for more RAM.
3. Phone/RCA inputs and output. If you want to connect external amplifiers
and sound sources to your Android screen get as many RCA connectors as you can.
Especially important if you are using external amplifiers.
4. DVD/CD. From our point of view we would skip getting an Android screen
with a CD/DVD player. By buying a Android unit without you will get a bigger
bang for your buck in other features. If one unit costs 500 Euro with a DVD
player and another unit costs 500 unit but does not have a DVD player, we would
go for the unit without a DVD player all day long. We would expect it to be a
better quality product.
5. Speaker outputs. A minimum of four outputs.
6. DAB. We do not have much experience with DAB personally. The reception
where you are will tell you if it is worth it or not.
7. USB. It is very handy having multiple USB outputs/inputs on the front of
the unit. Nothing worse than having to charge your phone and it taking up the
only USB you have so you can't listen to music on your USB drive.
8. Camera inputs. You want at least one so you have a reversing camera. Trust
us, when you have had a reversing camera you will not want to go back to not
having one. If you see a unit with more than one input, that is good also. For
example you can have side facing cameras for pulling out of tight/blind
9. GPS. Obviously.
10. Bluetooth. Obviously